The Bickley recently re-opened its doors after a substantial refurbishment and early reviews of this smart gastropub are positive. But the Bickley isn’t a new pub on the block as it’s been feature of Chislehurst for over 140 years. Originally the Bickley Arms Hotel it became a popular in Edwardian times as it offered access to the neighbouring Chislehurst Caves. It had a brief incarnation as Ye Olde Stationmaster in 1997 and developed a unenviable reputation as a sticky-carpet rough and ready pub before the new management took it over and moved it up market.
Most read this week
- Crime reports
- REVEALED: ‘CHISLEHURST NEVERLAND’ JACKSON MUSEUM
- RAMBLERS REST - THE BEST PUB IN BR7, AS VOTED BY YOU
- THE WINDMILL AND THE FRENCH SPIES
- HARENC SCHOOL REACHES END OF THE ROAD
- 'SCARFACE DRUGS RAT' ARRESTED
- CHISLEHURST’S FIRST FARMERS' MARKET TAKES SHAPE
- A MOMENT OF SERENITY AT ELMSTEAD WOODS STATION
- Is this the last band to have gigged in Chislehurst Caves?
- Bromley Council fails geography test