Most read this week
- Crime reports
- HARENC SCHOOL REACHES END OF THE ROAD
- REVEALED: ‘CHISLEHURST NEVERLAND’ JACKSON MUSEUM
- Is this the last band to have gigged in Chislehurst Caves?
- New Biggin Hill plans revealed as MD dismisses local fears
- QUEEN MARY'S HOSPITAL TURNING AWAY PATIENTS
- Bromley Council fails geography test
- BUCKING THE TREND WITH THE BICKLEY DELI
- Cookery school closure leaves a sour taste
- FEAST AND FAMINE
Tag Archives: Napoleon III
Some 140 years ago Chislehurst was a hive of diplomatic activity. The deposed Napoleon III had fled to England and exiled himself in Chislehurst. As well as the emperor, the village was awash with French spies. They are rumored to … Continue reading
Chislehurst is well known as the home of French Emperor Napoleon III who died in exile in 1873. The village has a number of clues to his former residency, but none greater than the Royal Parade.